Welcome to the Seneca Creek Studios
Custom Portrait Experience
Thank you so much for choosing Seneca Creek Studios. We are so excited to photograph you! This welcome kit shares what you can expect from your custom portrait session and has all the most important information about our uniquely rewarding experience. Please read this at least a week before our session and please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or comments. You can call us at 307.298.0462, email us at Allison@SenecaCreekStudios.com, or stop by the studio at 223 E Garfield St in downtown Laramie, Wyoming.
Purchase your favorite
prints and products
Print and Product Guide
Thank you for choosing Seneca Creek Studios for a custom experience that celebrates you, your taste, and your memories with treasured fine art prints. Our studio is proud to offer a collection of the most unique and highest quality products in the industry, from beautiful folio box collections to wall print display options which complement any home décor. We dedicate ourselves to creating a personalized experience in order to surpass your portrait photography expectations. Let us fulfill your wishes for a lifetime of stunning portraiture that ensures your home or office is one filled with stunning memories.
We would love for you to come down to the studio in Laramie, Wyoming so we can show you our entire line of prints and products. If you are not able to come to the studio, contact us and we'd love to give you a virtual studio tour and show you our products via Skype. Please contact us if you have any questions or comments at 307.298.0462 or email us at Allison@SenecaCreekStudios.com.
What to Expect: A Guide to Your Session
On the day of your portrait session, please arrive promptly at your scheduled time. Remember to bring your wardrobe, accessories and under garments. Since the entire session will take approximately 3 hours we will have some water and tea waiting for you. Sessions may finish in under an hour in ideal conditions.
Within a week or two you’ll be able to see and choose your favorite portraits at your reveal and purchasing session. Please refer to our product menu to select from our portrait enlargements, gallery series, and folio box collections. Any portrait you purchase will be saved and stored in digital format, which will be sized to the print quality you’ve purchased. Samples of these items are always on display in our studio.
We recommend that all parties involved in the decision making process should attend the purchasing session and to leave children with a family member for the appointment if possible as well. Due to the custom nature of each session, all sales are final and payment is expected in full at the time of the purchasing session. If someone will be joining you at your reveal, please share the product card with them to help you make your selections.
If you have any questions please, contact us by phone or email. 307.298.0462 | Allison@SenecaCreekStudios.com. We look forward to taking the most beautiful portraits you have ever seen of yourself!
Our studio policies
- No camera/cell phones are allowed at portrait or ordering sessions
- Due to the custom nature of portraits, all orders are paid in full at the order session.
- Our studio accepts cash, checks, and credit card payments.
- Printing, copying, downloading or scanning images without written consent is strictly prohibited.
USE OF PHOTOGRAPHS In 1976, the Federal Government passed the copyright law to prevent the copying of protected materials, including books, sheet music, and professionally created photographs. The photographs you have commissioned us to create are from a professional. Seneca Creek Studios invests heavily in education and training in order to provide the highest level of quality of photography. As such, duplicating, scanning or copying images creates a severe loss of color, clarity and permanence in the photograph. Since such losses reflect poorly on the reputation of my professional work, Allison Pluda and Seneca Creek Studios reserves the copyright on each portrait we create. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping us continue to provide the highest levels of quality and integrity for which we are known.
The US COPYRIGHT ACT The COPYRIGHT ACT protects photographers by giving the author of the photograph the exclusive right to reproduce your photographs, including the right to control the production of copies. It is illegal to copy or reproduce these photographs elsewhere without our written permission. Copyright infringement is a felony and is punishable by civil and criminal penalties. The law also specifies damages at $150,000 per infringement.
What to Wear
What to Wear: Your Style and Wardrobe Guide
The following is a guide to dressing your body shape, coordinating outfits for families and groups, and portrait specific style tips so you can arrive looking the best for your session. This guide will help you find the right fit and combinations of outfits to that will flatter your figure and help you feel beautiful and confident for your portrait session.
Portrait Checklist: What to do before your session
- If you color your hair, make an appointment the week of your session for a touch up and/or a little trim to freshen your hairstyle. For men, make sure your haircut is ideally a week or so old already before your session.
- Also, schedule a eyebrow waxing (if needed) as well as a mani/pedi 1 or 2 days before your shoot. Neutral nail polish colors look best. Be sure to show up to your session without dirty or chipped fingernails.
- Day old hair styles more easily. Be sure to wash and dry your hair the day before and style or add hair products the day of your session.
- Shave or wax your legs and arms for women, or for men, trim your facial hair (as needed).
- Set aside or pack your wardrobe, under garments, and accessories. Click here to review our style guide for tips on what to wear. Bring a few extra outfits just in case, both light and dark colors. We have a wardrobe rack here to hang up your clothes.
- Hydrate and apply moisturizer to give your skin a healthy glow.
- Get plenty of sleep so you’re well rested for your portrait session.
Planning for Art And Wall Collections
In Your Home or Office
Planning for art in your home: Send us photos of walls you want to display prints
We offer a free custom wall preview and gallery planning service to help you visualize what your prints will look like on the wall. This is great to help you choose what sizes to get to best fit your space or to visualize different collage layout options and color schemes on either your very own wall or one of our preview templates.
1. Tape a "letter" size (8.5" x 11") piece of paper on the wall where you'd like your portraits.
2. Take a horizontal picture of that wall (with the paper on it) with your camera, smartphone, or tablet from a comfortable viewing distance. This is typically from all the way across the room, unless you have a very large room. Take the photo straight-on, not at an angle. Try to include furniture, windows, doorways, and the floor/ceiling in the photo to provide a point of size reference for us.
3. Once you've taken pictures of all the walls where you'd like artwork, please send us an email attaching all of your photos to Allison@SenecaCreekStudios.com. Thank you!
Our Favorite Vendors
Want something special for your portrait session like a new haircut, outfit, or hand-made dream shoes or boots? Have some artwork you need custom matted and framed to match your decor? We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite vendors and local businesses from the Wyoming and Colorado region all in one place for your convenience.
Fine Art Prints
Search the Blog